As a site owner, you spend a lot of time researching options to find the right hosting server for your site. VPS Hosting offers the features of a dedicated server at a much lower cost. Therefore, many growing business site owners prefer to host their sites on a VPS Server.
The following video lists the benefits of a VPS Server for growing business:
What Are The Benefits Of VPS Hosting For Growing Businesses?
Despite the power of a Virtual Private Server, there can be times when you need to optimize it for better performance. Using a Web Host Manager or WHM can be a good way to optimize it. If you have opted for a Linux VPS Hosting plan, then you can use WHM along with cPanel to have more control over your website(s). In this article, we will look at the benefits offered by WHM on VPS.
When you buy VPS Hosting, your site resides on a virtual server with account isolation, full root access, and dedicated resources. Primarily, WHM with VPS Hosting offers better control over your website. It is particularly beneficial if you are running and managing multiple sites. WHM can help in consolidating hosting resources by allowing you to create and manage many cPanels. Here are some benefits of using WHM on VPS:
Benefits of WHM on VPS
- You can start a business selling web hosting and host other websites using WHM and multiple cPanels.
- If you are running multiple business and personal websites, or if you have unrelated businesses, then you can use WHM to create different cPanels for different categories of sites. This can help you run and manage them more efficiently.
- WHM can also help add a layer of protection against online attacks. If one of your websites is hacked, then WHM ensures that your other sites are not exposed too. This can be a boon because multiple sites getting hacked can be chaotic.
- You can keep the information of all your sites separate and boost the privacy of user data collected from each site.
- With WHM, you can monitor the usage of bandwidth across sites and ensure that no site over-uses it. You can also manage the disk space optimally and upgrade only when it is truly needed. This can keep costs in check and ensure optimal utilization of resources.
- While you can manage multiple sites using cPanel alone, the process can get very cumbersome. Using WHM can help streamline the process and add efficiency to site management.
- You get access to various tools with WHM that can help you:
- Reset passwords whenever needed
- Create, manage, and delete cPanel accounts
- Manage customer support requests if you are hosting other websites
- Brand your control panels to look more professional and sell hosting services to other websites
- Change usernames and domain names of clients if you are reselling web hosting
In a nutshell, WHM on VPS is beneficial if you are planning to run and manage multiple websites. This can be your sites or you selling hosting services to other site owners. WHM is an efficiency enhancement tool in a multiple website hosting environment.